Monday, November 16, 2015

Change the way I pray

Hey God in heaven.  I am pretty good.  Since I am good I think I should get my way.  Since I am good you will probably give me what I want.  I do sin, but not as bad as other people I know.  So just keep the good times coming.  

Ok, not the best way to pray.

I want to change the way I pray.  It seems I often say the same words without enough thought.  I have been thinking about how Jesus taught people to pray in Matthew 6:9-13. 

I want my prayers to realize the greatness of my Lord and Savior.  I want everything to line up with what he wants to do in my life and in the lives of those around me.  

My needs can be part of my prayers.  My needs and my wants are not the same.  I hope my wants, will keep changing to be more like what my Father's wants from heaven.  

When I seek the holiness of God I notice how I fall short.  My sin must be confessed.  Change my selfish ways to line up with my creator so to fit what I was made for.  

My Father in heaven, you are  .  .  .  .





No comments:

Post a Comment