Thursday, June 20, 2013

a person after God's own heart

Is there a new song that expresses a heart for God.  I especially like how Keith says it's so hard to see when my eyes are on me.  Or, I wanna die and let you live.  

I really am looking for a current song that expresses a heart for God.  I want to use it in church this Sunday.  Church is for this generation.  I want to be a pastor to this generation.  Help me to not use this old song from when I was a teen.  

Trying to go after the character of David this week.  What does it mean for people to call David a man after God's own heart.

David was not perfect.  But he would become broken over his sin.

David could have killed Saul when Saul was going to the bathroom in that cave.  David did not do what so many thought would be totally acceptable.

David could have killed people as the king.  Like those related to king Saul.  But he honored them.  

David could have honored those who said they killed his enemies.  But, you know what he did to them.  

What is a man after God's own heart?  How can I be a man after God's own heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment